The next time you go out on your apparatus to the grocery store or just sitting around the fire station take out your TIC and start learning to read the contrast in the pictures. Take one hot and one cold item and sit them in a room of a different ambient temperature. While at the grocery store scan the store learn to make out shapes and sizes as oppose to temperatures. You will be amazed at how much better you become reading the picture on your TIC. This drill was inspired by the instructors from Safe-IR who conducted a Thermal Imaging Class for my department last year. Thanks to Bob Knabbe, and Tom Decker.
- Boston’s Ladder Culture | Open Public Safety Institute on Boston’s Ladder Culture
- A.C.T now! | Open Public Safety Institute on A.C.T now!
- Setting Up a Hoseline For Success | Open Public Safety Institute on Setting Up a Hoseline For Success
- Roger Vivier Outlet on SCBA Familiarization
- Roger Vivier Outlet on Communication and Technique are Componets of Fireground Search
Follow Firefighter Basics
Tags Across FireEMSBlogs.com
ambulance Building construction Building Fire Christopher Naum Collapse Command Fire Apparatus Dave Statter destroyed emergency EMS EMT engine extrication fdny fire fire blogs Fire Critic FireCritic.com fire department firefighter firefighters firefighting Fires fire service Fire Truck Blog firetruckblog.com fossilmedic Glenn Usdin House Fire IronFiremen.com leadership LODD Maryland paramedic rescue Rhett Fleitz safety Sellfiretrucks.com social media South Carolina STATter911.com Structure Fire Training video Willie Wines Jr.